Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bye Bye Google!

Well, 1 year has come and gone and I find myself with just a few days left here at Google in Santa Monica. As my year contract comes to a close, I wanted to thank everyone at Google for a fantastic experience, great people, and a wonderful learning opportunity. Google is truly a unique environment in general, and this particularly true of their staffing organization. That being said, I'm on the look out for my next opportunity.

It's my hope that I will be able to find a management role in technical recruiting an a progressive organization hopefully a bit closer to home (Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, or even downtown LA off of a train line are key target area for me). I love working with companies who specialize in open-source development. Why? I'm very interested in education in general and truly believe that the internet, and open-source, provides a parallel learning path for engineers (parallel to more "traditional" educational institutions). I'm not referring to online colleges/universities. I'm referring to the organic, cooperative, collaborative learning that open-source inspires. Working in such an environment where I can play a key role in bringing in exceptional talent from this unique pool of candidates is my ideal. I'd also be very interested in considering roles in staffing programs, corporate evangelism and outreach to technology communities as opposed to traditional recruiting.

Wish me luck!

No comments: